What to look for
The LBP public register will help you find a licensed building practitioner (LBP) as well as provide details on their licence history. To find the right people for your building or renovation work you must engage an appropriately licensed LBP. Consider all the information when you choose an LBP.
The following information can be found on the public register:
- Contact information
- Location (such as the town, city or region)
- The company or body corporate they work for
- Licence class details
- Suspension history – complaint disclosure and any disciplinary history from the past three years.
How to tell if your building practitioner is not licensed
- If you’re getting RBW done, always ask to see your building practitioner’s LBP card to confirm that the photo matches the practitioner you are planning to engage.
- Use the details on the card to find them on the public register of LBPs to confirm that they hold a current licence: Find an LBP
- Check their licence class; licence status; status reason and suspension history
- If there is a suspension history – check the suspension end date to ensure the licence is current.