New LBP portal coming soon
We are replacing the Licensed Building Practitioners (LBP) portal later this year. This is the part of the LBP website where you can log in and complete tasks, such as:
- updating your contact details
- applying to renew your licence
- recording your skills maintenance activities.
The purpose of this change is to replace outdated technology and improve security for our services in general.
The new LBP portal will look different from the current one, and will come with several key changes, including the following:
- If you use the current LBP portal, your account information will be transferred to the new portal. Once the new portal is available, we will send a message to the email address in your profile. This message will contain instructions about how to set up your new access.
- On the first time you log into the new portal, you will need to choose between using a Google, Microsoft or RealMe account to log in. You will need to remember what you have chosen, because this will be the login service that you use each time you log in. We will not be able to change the login service you have chosen.
- The next time you renew your licence in the new portal, you will be able to download a digital copy of your licence. This digital copy can be stored on a smartphone, or you can print a copy to carry with you. This digital licence will replace the physical ID cards that we currently send by post.
- We are moving our communications online, and will send future announcements, renewal reminders and urgent notifications via email.
If you have any questions about the new LBP portal, please email email@example.com.