Complaint C2-01065 - substantive
- Complaint number: C2-01065
- Region: Omitted
- Licence class: External Plastering
- Decision date: 16 April 2015
- Disciplinary grounds: 317(1) b Negligent or incompetent work - not upheld 317(1) d Work not compliant with building consent - not upheld
- Summary: 317(1)(b) Negligent or incompetent work - 317(1)(d) Work not compliant with building consent - replace cladding at the lower story – required extensive maintenance or repair – the Respondent stopped work after he realised the scope of building work had changed - the Board considers that stopping work, after becoming aware of the issues, to seek expert advice was appropriate – the Board acknowledged that the interpretations of the exemptions listed in Schedule 1 are complex – 317(1)(b) not upheld – 317(1)(d) not upheld.