Complaint C2-01149 - substantive
- Complaint number: C2-01149
- Region: Omitted
- Licence class: Carpentry, Site 1
- Decision date: 5 October 2015
- Disciplinary grounds: 317(1) b Negligent or incompetent work 317(1) d Work not compliant with building consent 317(1) i Conduct likely to bring the regime into disrepute - not upheld
- Summary: 317(1)(b) Negligent or incompetent work - 317(1)(d) Work not compliant with building consent - 317(1)(i) Conduct likely to bring the regime into disrepute – Respondent knew that building consent was required – LBP Board Decision C1030 - A LBP who commences or undertakes building work without a building consent would be held to be negligent and incompetent – What amounts to disrepute is discussed in LBP Board Decision C2 01111 - The Respondent responded to a family emergency – The Respondent acknowledged that that the decision was risky and has learnt his lesson – He did not undertake the work for financial gain – Offence is serious but does not meet to the threshold for disrepute - 317(1)(b) upheld - 317(1)(d) upheld - 317(1)(i) not upheld.