Complaint C2-01190 - substantive
- Complaint number: C2-01190
- Region: Omitted
- Licence class: Carpentry
- Decision date: 15 December 2015
- Penalty: 318(1)f Pay fine 318(4) Pay costs
- Disciplinary grounds: 317(1) da Failed to supply certificate / record of work 317(1) b Negligent or incompetent work - not upheld
- Summary: The Respondent and another LBP were at odds as to who was responsible for carrying out restricted building work and therefore providing a record of work for the work they had completed. The Board considered that the Respondent had failed to comply with his obligations under section 88 of the Building Act 2004, and thus had failed to appropriately issue a record of work. The Respondent is ordered to pay a $1,000 fine & costs of $500.