Complaint C2-01197 - substantive
- Complaint number: C2-01197
- Region: Omitted
- Licence class: Carpentry
- Decision date: 16 December 2015
- Penalty: 318(1)b Suspend licence 318(4) Pay costs
- Disciplinary grounds: 317(1) b Negligent or incompetent work 317(1) d Work not compliant with building consent 317(1) da Failed to supply certificate / record of work
- Summary: The Respondent was found to have carried out building work in a negligent or incompetent manner. The Respondent had failed to prime or install the weatherboards as per the building consent documentation. The Board also found that the decking timber was not installed as per the consent documents. The Record of Work was not provided as required on completion of the original restricted work as per the Building Act nor had the Respondent given a good reason why he did not supply one. The Board invited submissions from the Respondent prior to issuing their penalty decision.