Complaint C2-01247 – substantive
- Complaint number: C2-01247
- Region: Omitted
- Licence class: Carpentry
- Decision date: 1 April 2016
- Penalty: 318(1)f Pay fine 318(4) Pay costs
- Disciplinary grounds: 317(1) b Negligent or incompetent work 317(1) d Work not compliant with building consent 317(1) da Failed to supply certificate / record of work - not upheld
- Summary: The Respondent was the project manager for the lead contractor and the house was sited incorrectly. Although the Respondent did not carry out the work, he had involvement in providing advice and guidance relating to the boundary pegs and location of the dwelling. The Board considered that his involvement amounted to carrying out building work. The resulting construction was not in accordance with the consent plans. The Respondent, although having carried out building work was not found to have carried out or supervised restricted building work, and therefore was not required to provide a record of work for his actions. The Respondent is ordered to pay a fine of $1,500 and costs of $1,000.