Legislation and regulations
There are some important pieces of law underlying the LBP scheme. You can find some information and links to them on this page.
The LBP scheme is provided for by the Building Act 2004. The Act sets out a framework for most building regulation in New Zealand, but Part 4 of the Act specifically relates to the LBP Scheme.
Read the Building Act 2004:
These are the specific parts of the Act that apply:
A number of regulations have been provided for under the Building Act 2004 that specifically allow for and clarify functions of the LBP Scheme. These are:
- Building (Designation of Building Work Licensing Classes) Order 2010(external link)
- Building (Definition of Restricted Building Work) Order 2011(external link)
- Building Practitioners (Register of Licensed Building Practitioners) Regulations 2010(external link)
- Building Practitioners (Complaints and Disciplinary Procedures) Regulations 2008(external link)
- Building Practitioners (Licensing Fees and Levy) Regulations 2010(external link)
Some other related building regulations are: